Monday, September 28, 2009

Madrid Cuidad Candidato!!!

After my flight to Amsterdam, I got on another plane to travel to Madrid! I got another window seat...yay! This flight was a lot shorter than the other at about 2 hours. I arrived in Madrid and took a taxi to my hostel (note to self: do not take a taxi unless absolutely necessary, it was expensive). Upon arriving at my hostel, I skyped with my family!!! I then freshened up to take a walk around this grand city! As I was walking around and looking at the beautiful architecture, I began to hear music and decided to follow the sound and the gajillion people heading in that direction. I came upon a huge festival for Madrid being chosen as a candidate city for the 2016 Olympics! I got handed a yellow poster and there was a big stage with a man playing music that made you want to move (ie: Shakira, Black Eyed Peas, techno and some good music in Spanish) and announcing things about Madrid being chosen and asking for the people's support--"con todo nuestro apoyo a Madrid 2016." He called out different colors (amarillo, verde, azul, etc.) and I discovered that he was referring to our posters. When he called out my color (yellow), everyone would hold up that color and cheer. I could not believe how many people were out in the streets for this event! I can't believe how many people are out at any given time in Madrid, let alone at this festival! Whenever I am walking there are always tons of people everywhere. There are also all kinds of shops everywhere too!! I made it back to my hostel just as it was getting dark and skyped with another friend...skyping is officially awesome...I've never skyped before!

No comments:

Post a Comment